The New Joint
For years, Las Vegas has welcomed some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry. However, never before have any of those acts been given the opportunity to perform at such a state-of-the-art and innovative concert venue like what’s about to open at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas. The Joint, a brand new concert facility, will begin welcoming fans this April and will be one of the most sophisticated, intimate, and authentic venues in Las Vegas.
Inheriting its name from the legendary original Hard Rock venue, the new Joint was designed by the renowned Montreal-based architectural design firm Scéno Plus. It will have a capacity of 4,000, offer seven premiere VIP hospitality suites and feature an innovative sound and lighting system. To maximize fan’s enjoyment with a genuine experience, the new Joint will double in size while keeping the same atmosphere of the original venue. The new Joint will carry on the up-close and authentic feel with the furthest seat in the house only 155 feet from the stage. The new Joint will contain a 9 feet x 16 feet motorized screen on each side of the stage, an 18 feet x 24 feet center screen for rear and front projection and 38 flat screens throughout the venue to guarantee the ultimate viewing experience.
The trendsetting new concert venue will unveil a number of new features during its grand opening in April including:
• 700+ fixed balcony seats
• Four dressing rooms plus a production office
• A top-notch green room and meet and greet room
• Two Digidesign Venue Profile 96 channels digital mixing boards
• 18,000 lumens high-definition projectors to animate the screens
• WiFi access throughout the venue and full blogging station for press covering events and shows
• State-of-the-art sound system including a D&B Audiotechnik composed with two full flown stacks, stage fills and 25 delay speakers through the back of the venue, bar areas, and lobbies
• Innovative lighting system with 28 high quality moving lights and four DL3 video projectors
• Ability to transform venue for boxing, wrestling, mixed martial arts events, corporate functions and trade shows, as well as red carpet movie premieres and advanced screenings
The new Joint’s $60 million project is part of the widely-publicized $750 million expansion the Hard Rock broke ground on in 2007; slated for completion in late 2009. The expansion will include the addition of approximately 860 guest rooms, including an all-suite 15-story south tower, a new 17-story north tower, approximately 60,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, and approximately 30,000 square feet of casino space. In addition, the project includes the expansion of the Hard Rock’s award-winning pool, several new restaurants and bars, a new nightclub, multiple new retail outlets, as well as a new spa and health club. As part of the project, the Hard Rock’s existing suites and common areas will be renovated to revitalize the property.
The original Joint concert venue opened in February of 1995. At the time, The Joint was the first rock ‘n’ roll venue in Las Vegas to be built at a high-end boutique property helping establish national credibility for Las Vegas as a legitimate tour stop by luring top-notch talent who had never played the market before. The Joint also helped introduce a new culture of tourists and locals to first-class concerts in Las Vegas.
AEG Live was contracted in February of 2007 as the exclusive promoter and booking agent for The Joint and will continue in that capacity in the new venue. Stay tuned to hear more about what acts and events Hard Rock and AEG Live have in store for the new Joint.